December 13th, 2017
To the indigenous people of Brazil and Mexico
To the indigenous people in struggle throughout the world
To the international civil society
We are the original people from this lands today called Brazil and Mexico. Thanks to the travel of the Munduruku commission to Chiapas we found each other in struggle again.
Sharing our pain, we realised we aim the same goal: fight for a new life for all humanity. As original people, as people of the land, we fight not only for us, but for everybody.
We are not as the Brazilian and Mexican bad governments say: ignorants, naive and incapable! There have been too many attacks from this governments. We’re organized and articulated people joining our hopes to keep becoming stronger! Our movements are having victories that keep us going further! The time has come for the bloom of the people!!
We are the keepers of the forest, the rivers, the territory and life. The world of the white is dying, we can see its crisis and believe that our worlds together, the peoples’ worlds, can build alternatives to face that crisis.
This party based, racist, oppressive, ambitious and capitalist system does not represent us! We fight to rule ourselves, according to our culture, tradition and with the wisdom of our ancestors. We’re organized to protect and keep our territory free from the government’s threats of megaprojects and death projects and this fight keeps us conscious and united in the way to our autonomy.
We’re different people, geographically far from each other, but we have the same blood. The love for life, for the territory, for our children, holds us together! We’ll keep resisting to exist! We’ll fight restlessly till the last drop of our blood for our territory and our life!
This is a call for solidarity to our fight, especially for the following points:
* We reject the change the Mexican and Brazilian legislation that allows and facilitates the exploitation of natural resources and the expropriation of indigenous people and peasants communities!
* We demand the demilitarization of our territories!
* We demand the respect for the right to land of indigenous people and peasants communities!
* We demand the respect for the exercise of our self-determination and the creation of our own governments and autonomies!
* We demand the stoppage of all death megaprojects in our territory, current and future ones!
* We demand the respect for life and justice for the murders and forced disappearances of indigenous and all people who are in struggle!
* We demand accountability for the Acteal massacre, a crime against humanity!
* We demand immediate attention to the humanitarian emergency of the forced displacement of more than 5.000 people in the area where the Tsoltsil people live, at the Chenaló and Chalchihuitán departments in Chiapas!
Finally we reinforce the invitation to all the people and movements in struggle to unite with us, from below and to the left, to build common strategies of resistance from Latin America and with the whole world!
From Chiapas/Mexico to Pará/Brazil, we shout: enough with the exploitation of our territories!
Movimiento Indígena del Pueblo Creyente Zoque en Defensa de la Vida y la Tierra – Zodevite
Organización de la Sociedad Civil Las Abejas de Acteal
Movimiento en Defensa de la Vida y el Territorio – Modevite/Chilón y Sitalá
Centro de Derechos Humanos Fray Bartolomé de las Casas A.C.
Centro de Derechos Indígenas, A.C.
Movimento Munduruku Ipereg Ayu
Associação Indígena Pariri
Proyecto de videoastas indigenas de la frontera Sur